A food steamers bpa free provide multiple benefits at the moment of preparing delicious and healthy food. The cooking process is a lot faster and simpler with a device of this sort. The result of preparing your food with a food steamer bpa free is that it is nutritious and completely cooked.
But it may be difficult to decide on one due to the great variety that is available. Here I offer you useful help for you to be ready to choose the right steamer for you. Which requirements and needs to have in mind before choosing one. I will also share which one it’s my favorite.
Things to consider before choosing the best food steamer bpa free
The most important thing for you is to verify what material the food steamer is made of. Make sure it is bpa free, a plastic that when heated releases particles that are transferred to the food.
One of the materials used in the manufacture of food steamers is stainless steel. This is characterized by being more resistant and in it neither the flavors nor the smells of the food are impregnated. Glass is also included in the design of many steamers, but it has to be acknowledged that those made with this material are not electric. A food steamer made of glass is easier to use and clean. What is the material that I recommend you the most? Stainless steel, although it is expensive, it is stronger.
The types of food you can cook in a steamer depend on the dimensions of the steamer trays or pots. Vegetable steamers are made up of small trays, on the other hand, in a steamer with a large pot there is enough capacity to cook cuts of meat.
It is also possible to acquire a steamer that has three levels, what is the advantage of this kind of model? In it you can prepare different meals simultaneously without having to mix them.
Controls and setting
Steamers are designed with different types of controls, keep this in mind when deciding which one to buy. Some of them have adjustable heat, digital control, and timer. This last control allows you to program the steamer so that it cooks adequately each type of food that you place in it.
A great feature that is also included in the most modern models of these devices is the automatic shutdown. This one is activated when the water in the tank runs out, this control is very useful because it avoids the steamer from being damaged. Why is it important to consider this item?These kinds of functions make the device easier to use.
The amount of steam that they generate depends on the capacities of the water tanks of the cooking steamers. Therefore, what I recommend the most is to choose a model that has the capacity for one liter of water in its tank.
If you want a good cooking speed, choose a steamer with a power that is in accordance with its size. For example, it is best if the power of a 3 tier steamer is 800 W or higher.
Before you decide on a kitchen steamer, it’s important for you to know that there are several types of this appliance. Nowadays, the most Common one is the electric food steamer, in which, food is also prepared in a healthier way. It is possible to adjust the cooking time so that it suits each meal such as: rice, fish, meat or vegetables.
You can also find in the market the microwave steamers, these are made to resist the heat generated inside the microwave. They typically consist of a tray, a perforated basket and a lid. They are usually made with bpa free plastic and food quality.
And last but not least I will mention the basket steamer, which is a perforated pot or basket. To use it you only need a little water. To be able to resist intense use and heat, it is made with stainless steel. The food that is prepared in it is cooked in a healthy way without losing its vitamins or nutrients.
How much is a steamer? The cost depends on the factors previously mentioned and the brand that makes the steamer. The prices vary from one another, so, you have enough options to choose the one that suits your budget.
Since it doesn’t make any sense for you to waste your time looking at food steamers that you can’t afford, the best thing you can do is to establish a budget. That way, you narrow down your options and it is easier for you to choose a food steamer that suits your needs.
Review of 5 best food steamer bpa free
The time has come for me to talk to you about the best food steamer bpa free. The appearance and technical features of all of them are different, but they are still excellent products.
1 Bella Double Basket Steamer
- FOOD STEAMER: With 7.4 quarts of cooking capacity & 2 separate steaming containers, you can cook a full meal with sides with one simple turn of a switch. Features auto shutoff & boil dry protection for simple & safe cooking
- ALL YOU NEED: A 2-tier design allows you to cook multiple items at once for quick & easy meal preparation—simply set the timer & watch it work! Includes 2 steaming containers, grain tray & lid which are all dishwasher safe
- GUESS-FREE COOKING: The water reservoir view window ensures you'll always know whether you have enough water to finish the job at hand, and a guess-free steaming guide chart is embedded on the unit so you can guarantee perfect steaming results every time.
- KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: BELLA offers a full range of high-quality products including air fryers, waffle irons, toasters, coffee makers, electric kettles, slow cookers, espresso machines, griddles & juicers.
- MIX IT UP: The kitchen should be fun. With BELLA It can be. We provide you with quick & convenient kitchen solutions to simplify your hectic life, including small kitchen appliances, cookware & housewares.
This food steamer has two baskets, its total capacity may contain seven liters, enough space to cook from vegetables to meats. Due to its power, it is possible to prepare the food in steam in a short time. The food is prepared in a healthy way and its freshness, color, and taste are maintained. Using the double basket steamer Bella is simple, you just have to set the timer using a knob.
- Enough capacity to cook eggs, fish, vegetables, and a lot more.
- It is easy to clean.
- The numbers on the timer are difficult to visualize.
- It may stain the countertop.
2. Cuisinart glass digital steamer
- Included Components: Steamer unit
- Glass lid
- Glass cooking pot
The cuisinart brand steamer model has a pot made out of glass with a 5-liter capacity. The water tank capacity is 1 liter, so it generates enough steam to cook chicken, rice, and more. The food that you prepare in the cuisinart steam device is cooked in an even way, it doesn’t matter its size. In this digital steamer, there are 5 types of settings that adapt to different types of food such as vegetables, poultry, and seafood.
- The timer has a maximum of 1 hour.
- It’s made with quality materials that are safe: Stainless steel and glass.
- It occupies too much space because its dimensions are bigger than other steamers.
- It is heavy, this can be an inconvenience when cleaning it.
3. Nesco ST-25F Electric Food Steamer
- 5 Quart Capacity
- Steamer bowls are break resistant and dishwasher safe
- Stainless steel base is attractive and durable
- Automatically shuts off when water tank is empty
- Easy to use, clean and store
The base of the Nesco brand model is made of stainless steel, which makes it an attractive and durable product. In addition, the containers in which the food is placed are made of bpa-free material. Steam capacity is 5 quarts.
An important feature of this electric food steamer model is that it turns off automatically. When the water in the tank runs out, the appliance stops by itself to avoid any accident or damage to internal parts.
- It’s simple to use, clean, and store.
- It takes up little space since its measurements are 22.27 x 22.27 x 21.64 centimeters.
- Its plastic is not very resistant.
- It’s not possible to cook big sized food in it because of its dimensions.
4. Aroma Housewares Food Steamer
- Included Components: Two Steam Tray, Lid And Drip Tray
- Fabric Type: Stainless Steel, Plastic
This cooking steamer Consists of two levels that are divided with a drip tray that you can remove. It is made of bpa-free plastic and stainless steel.
All the parts that make up the food steamer aroma houseware can be easily disassembled. That way, it’s easier to clean each piece thoroughly.
- It is valid to wash it in the dishwasher.
- Easier to store and move.
- The pieces do not fit together.
- The water seeps and falls on the counter.
5. Elite Gourmet EST-2301
- Triple Tiered Food steamer includes two 3.5 quart bowls and a 1.5 quart bowl for a total capacity of 8.5 quarts
- 60 MIN timer with safety auto-off
- Nested storage design fits neatly in your kitchen cabinet
- Each tray comes with 6 egg-rests for egg boiling
- Dishwasher safe parts for easy clean-up
The elite gourmet steamer has a total capacity of 8 and 1/2 quarts and 3 levels to prepare different types of food simultaneously. The maximum timer time is 60 minutes.
This steamer is made of Stainless steel and bpa-free plastic. Besides, the design is elegant, the appliance can be stored anywhere in your kitchen without becoming a hindrance.
- At the base, there is a window to view the level of water.
- Includes egg holders.
- It filters a small amount of water.
- It is a little bit complicated to correctly adjust all the parts.
After comparing all the cooking steamers it was taff to pick the best. We have a Cuisinart Digital Glass Steamer, One Size, Stainless Steel with five liters of capacity. It’s made of excellent materials. The base of this appliance is made of stainless steel, so it is durable, strong, and easy to clean. On the other hand, the pot of this steamer is made of glass, it resists heat so if you want resistant materials, this steamer is a great option.
On the other hand we have BELLA Two Tier Food Steamer, Healthy, Fast Simultaneous Cooking, Stackable Baskets for Vegetables or Meats, Rice/Grains Tray, Auto Shutoff & Boil Dry Protection, 7.4 QT, Black with good capacity, fast cook time. The two containers offer enough space to prepare and store any kind of food, plus it’s easy to use that’s why I choose it as the winner.