As we all know nowadays with the social distance, meals outside but at home are a great option. So a great way to enjoy a Saturday meal with friends and family could be using your master cook grill to prepare a barbeque. Let me tell you that you have found the ideal buyer’s guide to learn about cook grills, and how to choose the best one.
Having a master cook grill at home is very convenient; you easily could throw a party or host a special evening meal outside. Along with this article, you will learn about the main features before buying a master cook grill, and reviews of the best products on the market.
Buyer’s Guide: Things to consider before buying a master cook grill
The best master cook grill must combine all the best in material, capacity, warranty, speed, and versatility. Take also into consideration to get a grill with side burner to cook other food at the same time.
The two more common grills are gas grill, and charcoal grill. When choosing a type of grill, you have to consider the frequency in grilling, the space for storage, the amount of time to cook, and the flavor you like.
In this article, I will be talking about gas bbq grills. These are greatest for me since I have more temp control when cooking, better adjustment in burners, a quick heat-up, and easy clean-up. Just keep in mind that when cooking on a gas grill, you need a barbecue propane or natural-gas tank.
The material of your bbq grill is the most important aspect to consider. A good grill grate must have a good conduction of heat. It needs to be easy to clean and maintain, and it has to be lightweight.
I will be cover three common types of material in a bbq grill:
Steel or stainless steel
This is a very common material for gas bbq grills. Steel is an alloy of iron which makes it resistant and lightweight. When talking about cooking, stainless steel is especially a popular choice.
Stainless steel is added with other metals such as chromium to help avoid rust and corrosion. I strongly recommend using a grill grate from stainless steel; this material allows conducting heat well, and it is more resistant.
This material is also an alloy of iron and carbon. This is popular in cookers because of its good conduction of heat. However, it has a lower melting point, but it doesn’t have chromium which makes it likely to be rusted. Moreover, cast iron is heavier than stainless steel but better to hold temperature.
The porcelain of a cook grill is made from the same material that you see in the ceramic for your bathroom; it is somewhat delicate. But that doesn’t mean grill grates are made totally from porcelain; it is a metal coated with porcelain.
The benefits of a porcelain cook grill are that it can last longer, and it never rusts. Although it needs more care since it is susceptible to dropping, scrapping, or chipping.
The cooking area of a master cook grill is measured in square inches. A large cooking area commonly features good warming racks, and has separate sections. You can take an area for cooking, another one for warming, and one for grilling.
A good gas grill is added with an extra dimension for a maximum grilling area. Besides, you will find a grill with a side burner to guarantee you extra usage and versatility at the moment of cooking.
You need to understand clearly the size of the cooking area of grill grates. What you have to identify is the main grill grate without including the cooktop area. The measuring ranges vary from 450 sq. inches up to more than 700 sq. inches.
Keep in mind the different grilling techniques when cooking on a gas grill; the size of the cooking area is essential. For instance, one technique is the “direct heat grilling.” This consists of grilling the food directly over the flame; this way you can quickly cook small foods and get the grill marks.
Otherwise, the “indirect heat grilling” technique consists of grilling food in a heated area without making direct contact with the flame. This way you could cook larger foods. So, take into account that, larger grill grates of at least 700 sq. inches are operated with indirect grilling techniques.
Don’t forget to use these techniques in the cooking area of your master cook grill. I recommend buying one with a large grill grate; you can combine direct heat with indirect heat technique. This is often called combo cooking. For example, chicken, and some vegetables are cooked with this combination.
Certain special features may help you to buy the best master cook grill. For instance, easy clean-up, greasy tray, drawers for storing, and so on. Consider the following:
- Heavy-duty grates: stainless steel is the most durable material for maintaining grilling temperatures.
- Igniters: electronic igniters are better than rotary or push-button igniters. An electronic igniter is easier to use, and more reliable.
- Side burner: a grill with side burner allows you to cook other foods such as corn, beans, etc.
- LED-lit controls: LEDs help to illuminate the controls and the grilling surface when dusk comes.
- Fuel gauge: it displays the quantity of propane in the tank. If you don’t find a master cook grill with a fuel gauge, you can get it separately.
- Pull-out tray for propane tank: it makes easy changing your barbecue propane or gas tank when it is used up.
- Price: master cook grills tend to be expensive but you can get some less expensive. The prices may vary from around $120 up to more than $1,000. I will be showing you different prices in the products review.
- Warranty: The warranty is limited. It commonly has a period of 1 year, initiating with the date of purchase. The warranty doesn’t cover expenses for installation, replacement of frayed parts, or shipping. It covers defective parts and manufacturing deficiencies.
How Should Your Master Cook Grill Be Fueled?
There are different available fuel sources for outdoor cooking. For example, wood logs as a natural source to cook over fire, or charcoal briquettes which provide a consistent fuel and good flavor.
Furthermore, natural gas is another common fuel source but your cook grill needs to be connected to a line from your home. However, I will be talking about propane gas. The reviews I introduce in this article are from current products from MASTER brand, which work with propane.
Your master cook grill should be fueled by propane. This affordable fuel source comes in tanks, and it is easy to find. With propane you can keep a consistent temperature with a clean burn.
I will explain how to connect your propane tank to the grill. Follow these steps:
- Get a propane tank: you can buy a heavier or smaller propane tank, depending on the times you will be using your grill.
- Place the tank close to the grill hose
- Check the knob of the tank: it has to be off. Most of the propane tanks are turned clockwise to be off.
- Remove the safety plastic cap: this cap is to cover the valve; grab, and pull the tab to remove the plastic.
- Attach the grill hose to the valve: connect the grill hose to the valve, and turn the knob clockwise until it is well tightened into place.
- Set the tank on the grill rack: if there is no rack, set it on the ground.
Review Of The Five Best Master Cook Grill
1. Master Cook 3-Burner BBQ Propane Grill
This cook grill is made from stainless steel, with dimensions of 24.7 x 20.7 x 15.8 inches. It has 3 burners with an integrated ignition system to cook different kinds of food.
Besides, it is a master propane grill with a stainless steel handle, and two heavy duty 6-inches wheels for moving. This garden style grill has a capacity of 471.8 sq. inches in its cooking area.
You could find a promotion available for this product; in some cases you may apply a coupon to save some extra money. The metal panel is of good quality, and it looks really beautiful.
- Three burners for easy cooking.
- Customer service is helpful to solve problems.
- Sturdy and well-constructed grill.
- It comes with a thermometer.
- Nice warming rack.
- Sheet metal is very thin.
- Difficult to clean in the interior of the grill. It’s not removable.
2. Master Cook 4-Burner Outdoor Propane Gas Grill
- ►36,000-BTU 4 burner propane gas grill with 12,000-BTU Lidded Side Burner
- ►This propane gas grill has integrated piezo ignition system ensures quick and reliable startups
- ►400 square inches of primary cooking area on heavy duty enamel grates of the propane gas grill plus 118 square inches of secondary cooking on procelain-coated swing away rack
- ►Stylish and durable stainless steel lid and control panel, lid-mounted temperature gauge for easy cooking control
- ►Stable cabinet structure, easy assembly. 4 casters for easy portablility and keep the propane gas grill place wherever you want
This cook grill is made from stainless steel, with dimensions of 56.3 x 21 x 43.9 inches. It’s a new model with an electric ignition system in all the four burners.
This master cook grill has blue burners flame with no excessive noise and no lifting. The burners provide a wide temperature range with precise control; it’s a long-term performance appliance, with capacity of 400 sq. inches in the primary cooking area.
Moreover, it has a stable storage cabinet structure to keep the propane gas grill placed wherever you want. The cabinet has 2 doors, and it is covered in all 4 sides by a heavy powder metal. It also has 4 high-quality casters for mobility.
- Best durable option
- Fast reading thermometer
- Four burners for quick cooking
- Weather resistantly
- Casted iron grates which require constant oiling
- Uneasy setup
3. Master Cook 3-Burner Classic Liquid Propane Grill
This cook grill has dimensions of 30 x 20 x 41 inches. The grates are coated with porcelain, and it has a capacity of 340 sq. inches in the primary cooking area.
This cook grill has a control panel and two side tables for easy storage. The porcelain cooking grates have an integrated ignition system, with a stainless steel thermometer for accurate temperature control. Besides, the fuel gauges help achieve good cooked foods.
Furthermore; this appliance has durable metal side shelves, and two 6-inches wheels that increase mobility. You could also find a promotion available for this product; in some cases you may apply a coupon to save some extra money. This is the ideal master cook grill for first time grilling experience.
- Two fixed legs to keep grill in place
- Superior heat retention
- Swing-away warming rack ideal for toasting
- Fast and reliable burners
- Easy installation
- Thin sheet metal
- It could hold the grease on the bottom of the grill.
4. Master Cook 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 2 main burner, 32,000 BTU
- 312 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 90 square inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates
- Integrated push & turn ignition for fast and reliable startups.
- Stainless steel lid and UFC provide stylish durability, and features a lid-mounted temperature gauge for added heat control
- Convenient access storage cabinet to store propane tank and accessories. Grill sits on 4 casters, two of which lock for mobility and stability
This is a professional 2-burner cook grill, with dimensions of 49.25 x 22.25 x 44.25 inches and a capacity of 312 sq. inches of primary cooking area. It is enough to cook different foods at the same time.
As the previous mentioned cook grills, this one also has an integrated ignition system to light burners quickly. Moreover, it has cast-iron cooking grates for retention of heat as well as gauges to help controlling heat.
This propane gas grill uses 4 heavy duty wheels for a better mobility. In the same way, it has a convenient storage cabinet to store the propane tank and other accessories.
- Ultra-protective packaging
- Quality casters
- Perfect size for a small patio
- Fast heat-up
- Easy installing
- Casted iron grates which require constant oiling
5. Master Cook 4-Burner Stainless Steel Gas Grill
This cook grill is more expensive than the products already mentioned. It has dimensions of 56.3 x 21 x 43.9 inches, and a capacity of 400 sq. inches in the primary cooking area. Plus, it has porcelain coated swing away rack, and heavy duty cast iron grates.
This appliance has a lid, and control panel which increases style, and durability. It’s perfect in tough weather. Also, it has an ignition system which offers a wide temperature range.
Besides, it has a stable cabinet structure with an easy assembly as well as four casters that help improve mobility.
- Weather resistantly
- Easy to assemble
- Stylish and good looking
- Fast cooking
- Casted iron grates which require constant oiling
Each of these grills is great for outdoor cooking. All depends on your needs. For example, for two or four people, my best option is buying the MASTER COOK Professional 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill. This cook grill will work great because of its good heat-up.
However, if you want to organize a party or a big special meal, I recommend getting the MASTER COOK Gas Grill, BBQ 4-Burner Cabinet Style Grill Propane with Side Burner, Stainless Steel. This is my second best option to buy since it is durable and weathers resistant.
The MASTER COOK Classic Liquid Propane Gas Grill, 3 Bunner with Folding Table, Black is a good option to buy since you could find it in promotion, and you will know you will get a good performance grill. In the same way, the MASTER COOK 4-Burner Gas Grill Cabinet Liquid Propane Grill With Side Burner - Stainless Steel 36,000 BTU 400 sq.in. Cooking Area Porcelain Grill Grate is great for big meetings, and you will enjoy a stylish weather-resistant cook grill.
Nevertheless, my number one option to buy is doubtless the MASTER COOK 3 Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel 30,000 BTU Patio Garden Barbecue Grill with Two Foldable Shelves . I recommend it because it has good ratings on Amazon’s choice, you can use it for few and many people, it has a high-quality metal panel, and the customer service is great.