Last update January 2021
Waffles are probably one of the best breakfast foods invented. You can eat them in so many different ways–plain, with syrup or honey, covered in a fruit topping, with nuts, caramel–the list goes on. But not everyone loves Belgian waffles, some of us prefer a traditional (non-belgian) waffle and we need to have the best thin crispy waffle maker to make them.
You are very lucky indeed if you get waffles for lunch or dinner. If you are a waffle lover like I clearly am, then chances are you want a really good waffle maker so you can make your favorite brunch meal at home.
Quick Comparison: 3 Best Thin (Non-Belgian) Waffle Makers for Classic Crispy Waffles
Belgian vs. Thin
Although I love Belgian waffles just as much as thin waffles, I think that thin waffles are better because they are smaller–you may not want a whole giant Belgian waffle and making a giant waffle would be a waste.
With a thin waffle maker, you start small and work your way up to suit your appetite. Because of this, I recommend buying a thin waffle maker.
There are a lot of different thin waffle makers on the market. Some are basic and some have advanced features. The one you buy really depends on your needs.
Here are three of the best thin crispy waffle maker available on the market right now.
My Favorite Crispy Waffles Recipe – Breakfast and Brunch Food
Three of the Best Waffle Makers on the Market
1. Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker
- Dual indicator lights; 5-setting browning control
- Round nonstick cook plate with four quarters
- Stands on end for compact storage. BPA free
- 3-Year warranty
- Voltage-120V Features: Bakes one large traditional-style waffle|Five-setting browning control|Regulating thermostat|Red and green "ready to bake/ready to eat" indicator lights|Nonstick baking plates|Brushed stainless steel housing|Instruction/Recipe book|Limited 3-year warranty|BPA Free
This thin waffle maker is full of settings and features that can help you make your own personal perfect waffle.
This waffle iron features five different browning settings that you can use according to how brown you want your waffles to be, as well as indicator lights that let you know when the waffle maker is fully heated and when the waffle is ready to serve.
It also features non-stick baking plates and is made of stainless steel for maximum durability.The weighted lid won’t rise while the waffle is baking, which will give your waffle an evenly browned tone on both sides and also gives the waffle a crispness.
It stands on its side to save space and comes with a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty.
2. Cucina Pro Waffle Maker
- Waffle Maker - Nonstick for easy cleanup!
- Waffle Iron - Makes classic American style waffles that are thinner than traditional Belgian style waffles. Just like the ones you had as a kid!
- American Waffler - Features a brushed stainless steel housing for timeless style.
- Round Waffler - Stands upright and has a cord wrap for easy storage.
- Make your waffles your way with the adjustable waffle browning control.
This waffle maker has been specific design to make classic American waffle. So here we can not have disappointments as the matter of our waffles thickness.
It takes a while to heat up and to have the waffle cooked but when it’s done they look perfect. It´s easy to use but no that easy to clean.
If that isn’t enough, the waffle maker stands upright for space-saving storage and also has a cord storage compartment.
3.All-Clad WD700162 Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker
- Features 7 adjustable levels of toasting shade, so your waffle’s as crispy as you like it
- Automatically alerts you when you need to pour batter or when your waffle is done
- Coated with a PFOA-free nonstick material that helps waffles slide right off
- Makes 1 large round waffle with 4 easy-to-cut sections
- Round-shaped waffles measuring 6.5 inches in diameter by 1/2-inch thick 4 with 4 easy-cut sections
This waffle maker is a little heavier than average, but it is because its built like a ship. It is a high-quality waffle maker made from polished stainless steel and features a branded die-cast handle.
The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty, and any time a product comes with a lifetime limited warranty, its because the manufacturer is confident in the durability of the product.
This waffle maker comes with seven different browning settings so you can be sure that you will get the proper amount of brown that you desire in your waffles.
The waffle iron has an advanced heating system that ensures even baking at all times and a patented steam system that prevents condensation from building up so you get a perfectly cooked waffle.
This waffle maker can be latched closed so it can be stored upright for space-saving storage and the baking panels are non-stick.
These three waffle makers each have different features which makes them suitable for different waffle-making purposes.
If you want a lightweight waffle maker, then the first one is great for that need. If you have a lot of family members who all want waffles at the same time, the second one is great since it makes five waffles at one time.
The waffle maker that I would most recommend out of the three is the third one, the All-Clad WD700162 Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker with 7 Browning Settings, 4-Section, Silver.
The number one reason that I recommend this is the lifetime warranty–you will have a great waffle maker for the rest of your life which makes it well worth a few extra dollars.
It has the most features and it makes waffles fast, so you still will be able to pop out waffles for a lot of family members quickly. Good luck and enjoy your yummy waffles.