When you have small hands, navigating the kitchen can sometimes be a nuisance. Oven mitts are especially troublesome. When your hand is too small to maneuver the stiff fabric, you find things slipping out of your grasp.
But you don’t have to struggle anymore! We’ve put together a list of the best oven mitts for people with small hands.
The Best Oven Mitts for Small Hands
#1. WinChange Oven Mitts
- ✿4 PIECE VALUE SET: Features 2 oven mitt (9.6 in x 6.7 in) and 2 pot holders (7 in x 7 in). Made of a durable 100% cotton shell with a 100% cotton fill.
- ✿HEAT RESISTANT - Thicker oven mitts and pot holders, heat resistant up to 392 F/ 200C. Well protect your hands and wrists from burns. Cotton and polyester inner liner,makes you feel comfortable,no stiff feeling.
- ✿NON-SLIP GRIP & HANGING LOOP: The printed silicone design on the oven mitt and pot holders provide a secure non-slip grip while handling pots and pans. Perfectly designed with a loop for easy hanging.
- ✿DURABLE AND WASHABLE - These oven mitt and pot holders easy to clean, machine washable cold water dryer safe, tumble dry low. Interior cotton will not come out after wash due to the well sewing.
- ✿100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Having owned a soup company, we know good oven gloves! If for any reason you are not happy with these oven gloves, send them back to us for a full refund.
There are a lot of things to love about the WinChange Oven Mitts. As options go, these are the best oven mitts for small hands let me tell you why.
They’re ten inches long, slightly smaller than an average oven mitt. This helps them fit a wider variety of hand sizes. Each pair is available in over 10 different pattern designs.
One of the appealing aspects of the design is that the gloves cover your entire hand, greatly minimizing the chances of accidental burns. The thicker of this oven mitts made them heat resistant up to 392 F. Besides the textured pads also allow you to grip things without slipping.
These mitts have already impressed with their size, flexibility, and attention to texture, but there’s another level of comfort as well. The inside has a cotton fabric and polyester liner that provides a layer of heat protection.
Many people with small hands struggle to get a firm grip when wearing oven mitts. But thanks to the texture, flexibility, and size of these, you don’t have to worry about that.
#2. Acronde 2 Pairs Mini Oven Mitts
- Silicone oven mitts that are thick heat resistant potholders made from premium food grade material; Mittens are rated to protect you from heat up to 446℉(230℃) ; High quality mini mitt set helps you to grip hot items safely in your kitchen or at your outdoor barbecue; this mighty duo are the ultimate kitchen accessory.
- As each mitt is suitable for both left and right hand, you can slip on and off breezily. The soft silicone material makes you feel comfortable. With the design of antiskid, you can handle slippery items firmly. Our mitts are easy to get clean by hand-washing or machine-washing.
- Professional quality potholder; versatile for use when removing hot pot lids; protects your hands from a hot cast iron handle or microwave dish; useful as a hot spoon holder or moving a hot trivet without burning your hand or fingers; use these cute small pinch grips as holders when baking.
- These small mitts are very handy to use and can be easily hung on your oven door handle or from a hook; their color makes them easy to locate for quick access; mitts will nest within each other for convenient storage or use double for extremely hot or cold items.The silicone oven mittens are great kitchen accessory and necessary. It actually solved the problem that avoiding hands burned by pot or something hot.
- The silicone oven mittens are great kitchen accessory and necessary. It actually solved the problem that avoiding hands burned by pot or something hot.
These mitts also use silicone for their heat resistance. But they’ve approached the flexibility issue in a different way. Rather than create mitts that cover the entire hand, you simply use these mitts like “claws” to pick things up.
If you’re uncomfortable with oven mitts that cover your whole hand, these may be a good compromise. They’re less likely to cause accidental burns than cloth mitts. Thanks to the silicone construction, they’re also much more durable and long-lasting than cloth mitts.
Unlike a full mitt, these “pinch” mitts are just a few square inches. You can hang them up or easily store them in a drawer.
The inside texture ensures that whatever you pick up won’t slip. In addition, the mitts are dishwasher safe and very easy to clean.
You have 4 total color options available, so you can pick your favorite.
#3. Ritz Royale Collection
- ✔ VALUE PACK. Set of four (4) 100-percent Cotton Terry “Ritz Mitz” Oven Mitt / Pot Holder.
- ✔ DON’T GET BURNED by flimsy and inferior oven mitts. RITZ offers the highest quality pot holders and oven mitts made from terry looped cotton, designed with hand pockets to protect against high heat.
- ✔ VERSATILE. Use these as standard oven pocket mitts when holding hot dishes, then rest your dish on them like hot pads to protect kitchen surfaces.
- ✔ RITZ MITZ measure 8.5 inches long by 5.5 inches wide and coordinates with our Ritz Royale Paprika Collection, featuring: aprons, kitchen towels, dishcloths, wonder towels, pot holders, pocket mitts and cotton/neoprene oven mitts.
- ✔ MACHINE WASHABLE. Wash on cold before first use; tumble dry low.
Some people simply don’t like the feel of silicone. Thankfully, there are cloth oven mitts that can do the trick. These Ritz Royale mitts are designed to protect your hand as you carry pots and pans.
The 100 percent cotton design comes in six different colors, so you can decide which suits you best. What sets these mitts apart from other cotton mitts is the hand pocket. Putting your hand inside creates an additional layer of protection, helping to minimize accidental burns.
This is a great purchase if you’re looking for value. You get four oven mitts at once. In addition, if you want to color coordinate, Ritz Royale has other kitchen accessories in each color.
Should you spill food or drink on the mitts, you don’t have to worry. Because they’re cotton, they’re completely machine washable. Just wash them on a cold setting before you first use them.
#4.HOMWE Silicone Oven Mitts and Pot Holders
- Superior Hand, Wrist and Counter Protection – This unique accessory set comes with two insulated silicone oven mitts and two silicone potholer trivets measure 7" x 7" for better kitchen and grill use. With this 4-piece set, you can worry a bit less by working over hot flames, ovens, stoves or grills, especially when pulling out hot pans, serving hot plates, or placing dishware on your nice new hardwood table.
- Heat-Resistant and Flame Retardant Silicone – Each piece is crafted with flexible, durable silicone, making them ideal for moving or holding hot pans, plates, utensils or dishware. They will also spare tender forearms from burns that can occur when your outdoor grill experiences a flare-up.
- Textured, Non-Slip Grip – Gloves and the trivet both feature textured surfaces to improve your grip strength, control and stability over hot, heavy, or slick items.
- Steam Resistant – Unlike cotton pot holders and oven mitts, our silicone oven mitts won’t absorb liquids. The silicone part of the glove is entirely waterproof, they prevent steam scalds while cooking on the stovetop or draining boiled pasta. You can even use it to retrieve items from hot water.
- Heavy-Duty Durability – These gloves and potholders are not only heat resistant, they’re comfortable, flexible, and offer long-lasting, food-grade safe versatility.
This is a heavy-duty oven mitt. Everything about it says, “I’m taking care of business.” The mitt is available in several colors. The non-slip ribbed texture helps ensure you don’t lose your grip.
These mitts are more heat resistant than any of the others, able to withstand temperatures up to 450 F. They also have more intensive wrist protection, with a total length of 13 inches. If you cook over an open flame or dangerous steam, the mitts are specially designed to protect you.
Because the mitts are much more costly than the others on the list, these are most highly recommended if you’re consistently cooking at high temperatures. They’re professional-grade mitts.
You can wash the mitt in your machine, and cleaning can be accomplished easily with a damp cloth.
#5. KitchenQuake Filament Gloves
These gloves are made of de pure silica gel raw and have the peculiarity of having filaments in the palm of the hand, making them multi-purpose, so you can use them for handling hot cookware as well as for cleaning and washing.
These all-in-one gloves are resistant to temperatures till 482 ° F, and there are a wide variety of colors to choose from. Are made of a resistant but flexible material that allows a good grip on objects.
Although they are only one size, they are 11 inches long and provide greater protection for the entire hand and wrist, and can be used by everyone at home.
#6. Silicone Oven Mitt
Finally these gloves that are made only of silicone, shaped like fingers and without a fabric lining inside. This allows a lot of flexibility when cooking and goes from grabbing a hot pot to grabbing a kitchen utensil like a wooden spoon to stir what we’re cooking.
This versatility in the kitchen is highly valued. Also resistant to 450F and being silicone only, it allows for quick and easy washing by simply placing it under running water and can be easily rotated to ensure complete drying-
As a disadvantage, I could say that they are not very long and only reach the wrist without completely covering it, so it should only be used by those who are cautious in the kitchen
If you want reasonably-priced mitts that cover your entire hand, provide texture and grip, and come in your choice of color, you’ll probably like the WinChange Oven Mitts and Potholders BBQ Gloves-Oven Mitts and Pot Holders with Recycled Cotton Infill Silicone Non-Slip Cooking Gloves for Cooking Baking Grilling (4-Piece Set,Grey). They’re flexible enough that even people with small hands find maneuvering easy.
If you aren’t sure about mitten-shaped mitts, the Acronde 2 Pairs Mini Oven Gloves Silicone Heat Resistant Cooking Pinch Mitts Potholder for Kitchen Cooking & Baking (Green and Rose Red) “pinch” mitts are a unique option. They’re inexpensive, easily stored, and simple to use.
For people who like to get dangerous in the kitchen, the protection of the HOMWE Silicone Oven Mitts and Pot Holders, 4-Piece Set, Heavy Duty Cooking Gloves, Kitchen Counter Safe Trivet Mats, Advanced Heat Resistance, Non-Slip Textured Grip (Black) may be best. It’s priced for professional users due to its high heat resistance and flame protection. In addition you not only have a pair of oven mitts but also two pads.
KitchenQuake Filament Gloves are an excellent option if you want to have a single pair of gloves in the kitchen that solves all the household chores.
The great virtue of Silicone Oven Mitt is that, having the shape of the fingers and being flexible, they allow a very precise and firm grip on objects. Of all the kitchen gloves they are the shortest but if you were cautious in the kitchen and prioritize the mobility of your fingers they are a very good option.
And if you’re not a fan of silicone, the pack of Ritz Royale Collection 100% Cotton Terry Cloth Mitz, Dual-Function Pot Holder/Oven Mitt Set, 4-Pack, Paprika Red pot holders will suit you. They feature a protective hand pocket and a more comprehensive design than many other flimsy cloth holders.