Many times we may find ourselves in a situation where we need to use a hot plate. Hot plates are handy in that they are a portable alternative or an addition to a traditional stovetop setup. But with all the options available it´s hard to choose the best hot plates for boiling water
If using one powered by flame, microwave, or propane, they can be a real boon in places where electric is not readily available. If you’re cooking for a large amount of people or just need different size burners, they can be a lifesaver for your cooking and water boiling needs.
Right now, there are quite a few different hot plates on the market. It can be a little difficult choosing which one is best as many seem to have the same features, yet differ quite a bit in pricing. Here is a review of the top three:
Quick Comparison: Best Hot Plates For Boiling Water
1.CUSIMAX Electric Hot Plate
- ♣[ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE]--CUSIMAX Hot Plate is suitable for All Type of cookware. Compatible with pots and pans with maximum size of 7.1 inches. Works with glass and aluminum and heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss.
- ♣[1500W & EASY COOKING]--CUSIMAX Hot Plates used 7 thermostatically controlled heat settings conveniently to cook a variety of foods such as warm sauces, decoct steak, grilled cheese, boil water, make soup, cook pasta and vegetables and do so much more. Meet your daily cooking needs.
- ♣[CONVENIENT SINGLE BURNER]--The small scale in size makes it very portable. Ideal for dorm rooms, offices, camping, or even your RV. Great for every day use or as an extra cooking appliance in a busy kitchen. No stovetop required.
- ♣[SAFETY & DURABLE]--Black Stainless steel body built to withstand frequent use. Simply wipe with a clean and damp cloth when cool. Durable cast iron cooktop. Automatic safety shutoff function with temperature regulated by a thermostat.
- ♣[CUSTOMER SERVICE]--CUSIMAX offer a outstanding 30-day hassle-free return policy. All CUSIMAX products are covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States. For details, please refer to the instruction manual. (Note: It is normal the machine will get hot because it has higher calorific value when it works.The heating light may cycle on and off during operation.)
To start this reviews of the best hot plates for boiling water I choose theCusimax Electric Portable hot plate. With 7 thermostatically controlled heat settings for precise cooking. Powered by 120V and 1500-Watts heat up really quickly and evenly.
This cooktop stands out from all that it’s available out there because it is highly recommend for those who have small kitchen but as it has a 7 inches ring size and works with any kind of cookware.
Besides it is lightweight, which is great for a portable hot plate and is easy to clean.
Cleaning the glass unit is a cinch; after it has cooled, it can be cleaned off with a damp cloth. This is a relatively new product (January 2016), is typically priced higher than others, and comes in black.
2. iSiLER Portable Induction Cooktop,
- 18 POWER LEVELS: Quickly choose your desired power from 100W to 1800W in 100W increments(long press for 300W); 1800W power to meet your various cooking needs; simmer, deep fry, boil, sauté, sear, steam, slow cook and grill with ease.
- 17 PRESET TEMPERATURE LEVELS: Adjustable temperature ranging from 140°F (60°C) to 460°F (238°C); can be set in 20°F increments(long press for 60°F); sensitive large touch buttons for enhanced usability.
- WIDE APPLICATIONS & PORTABLE: The cooktop surface measures a diameter of 6.7in (17cm) to fit frying pans with a diameter of 3.9-8.6in (10-22cm); ensures a large and uniform heated area; compact and lightweight with a thickness of just 2.3in (6cm) for easy transport and storage; suitable for areas with limited space use.
- LONG 3-HOUR TIMER & SAFETY LOCK: Press “+” or “-” button to set the timer in 1-minute increments (long press for 10 min ; overheating protection, child lock and rounded edges for ultimate safety.
- WEAR RESISTANCE & EASY MAINTENANCE: Premium glass surface ensures excellent wear resistance and easy cleaning after use.
The Isiler is really efficient, using a great deal less energy than any traditional stovetop burner, and works twice as fast.
There are two ways that you can choose from to heat your product, by power levels 100 to 1800 watts (akin to a microwave) or by temperature settings 140 to 460 degrees (like a regular stovetop).
It also has child block to feel more secure while we are cooking and children are near the kitchen. Can be use with steel, cast iron and stainless steel cookware.
With a premium glass surface the cleaning is very easy just using a microfiber sponge or a rag.
3. Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet - standard in all North American homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Digital control panel. Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 °F to 460 °F; 10 power levels from 200 to 1800 Watts.
- With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so this induction burner is easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel. Durable 7-blade fan rapidly dissipates heat to ensure a longer product life.
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; equipped with diagnostic error message system, low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved.
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom, whose diameter is at least 5 inches. 2-year manufacturer's warranty, as well as customer service.
This plate has the power or temperature options for heating up, with a power range of 200 to 1800 watts and a temperature range of 140 to 460.
A neat feature that this one has is a countdown clock that goes up to 170 minutes. So you can choose how you want to boil and how long you want to boil for. It is also a smart gadget, with a 60-second no pan detected shut-off, a easy to use error messaging system, and voltage warnings, all displayed on its touch-controlled panel.
A damp cloth on the surface after it has cooled down is all you need for cleaning.
These three hot plates for boiling water are excellent but I have choose the best one for me.
If you don´t want to spend a lot I think that CUSIMAX Electric Hot Plate for Cooking Portable Single Burner 1500W Cast Iron hot plates Heat-up in Seconds Adjustable Temperature Control Stainless Steel Non-Slip Rubber Feet Upgraded Version B101 is a great option for you. Not only is the cheapest but also, even though is small the heat ring is big and works with any type of cookware.
On the other hand if you a planning to go on camping and kids will be around you the Portable Induction Cooktop, iSiLER 1800W Sensor Touch Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop with Kids Safety Lock, 18 Power 17 Temperature Setting Countertop Burner with Timer is the safest option as it has a lock for kids.
But last but not least, as the matter of fact is the winner for me we have the Duxtop 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Gold 8100MC/BT-180G3 is small but heat the most. Has a really comfortable digital control panel and really easy to clean