Gas grills are a common staple and one of the most used outdoor appliances in many homes. Nothing just compares to the feeling of cooking meat onto a grill and getting to smell the flavors filling up the air. It’s not just for home use either — some gas grills are portable and can be taken during picnics and summer camps.
With technology continuously evolving, gas grill manufacturers also make sure that their products won’t get left behind. Today, gas grills are easily replacing the manual wood and charcoal grills once used and for good reason.
They’re way easier to use and save more time and energy. You won’t have to manually load charcoals and stir the ashes once in a while.
Controlling heat and cleaning up won’t be a problem as well. The only thing left to do is make sure that the gas tank is full. If it runs out, you can easily refill it.
There could be multiple occasions and events where you feel to serve grilled items to the guests or for self; therefore, we have brought to you some of the finest and best propane grill under $300 that would make your days easier and happier.
Amazon Gas Grills Best Sellers
- Exclusive Stainless Steel finish for increased style and durability
- Stainless Steel burners emit flame from the top to allow for even cooking
- Porcelain-coated grease pan is durable and can be removed for easy cleaning
- Porcelain coated cast-iron grates are rust-resistant and made to last
- Reliable electric ignition to fire up your grill and 10, 000 BTU side burner
- 2-burner, 24,000-BTU Cabinet Gas Grill
- 300 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 100 square inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates
- Stainless steel lid and UFC provide stylish durability, and features a lid-mounted temperature gauge for added heat control
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups. Metal side shelves fold down when not in use
- Convenient access storage cabinet to store propane tank and accessories. Grill sits on 4 casters, two of which lock for mobility and stability
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width - 42 inches
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels.Built-in lid thermometer
Our Own Quick Comparison: Top Gas Grills under $300
|Model||Energy (BTUs)||Cooking Area (Square Inches)||Burners|
Our Best Pick
|#2. Fuego Element |
|#3. Char-Broil |
|#4. Megamaster |
|#5. Weber |
In Search of the Best Gas Grill
Given the important use of gas grills, finding the perfect one for home and outdoor use can be challenging. Some gas grills are worth a fortune, but luckily there are units available for $300 or less. This is exactly the goal of this article.
Affordable gas grills are for homeowners on a tight budget but still would want to have something they can cook outdoors with — something that’s durable and with great features in it. Continue reading below to find the best gas grill that won’t go over your $300 budget.
Basic Gas Grill Care
If you want your gas grill to last long, you should learn the proper maintenance techniques. It may be an affordable gas grill, but that doesn’t mean the care it needs is any less to that of an expensive gas grill. Below is a checklist to ensure your grill stays in tip-top shape.
Wash the grill:
Make sure the gas valves are covered to protect it against corrosion. Both the interior and exterior sections of the grill should be washed using a grill brush and warm, soapy water. Rinse it thoroughly and towel dry.
Clean the tubes and burner:
Before anything else, make sure the gas tank is turned off. Remove the cooking grates and briquettes and carefully detach the burner and gas tubes. Use warm, soapy water to clean them and dry it using a towel.
Clean the cooking grates:
Remove the briquettes and cooking grates and scrub them using a grill brush and warm, soapy water. Dry them with a clean towel then replace.
Check and always stock fuel levels as needed. Rusted and corroding tanks should be recycled. To do this, contact a local tank supplier and return the tank.
Burn off the grease:
Briquettes transfer heat to the grates, causing them to be covered in grease. Before using it again, flip over the briquettes, close the lid, and turn the grill up high for 15 to 20 minutes.
Clean the surface:
The exterior part of your gas grill should be kept clean at all times. This will help maintain its look and at the same time is a hygienic practice.
Top rated propane grills 2020
#1. Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill ASIN B00C55D3EI
This fast-paced world could always use a life hack that would make things easier — that’s what the Dyna-Glo Gas Grill is for.
This is a gas grill that makes cooking fast, comfortable, and rather fun. For barbecuers, grilling meat will be more enjoyable.
What’s great about this smart burner gas grill is its portable feature, which means the unit is easy to move and perfect for homes with small spaces.
The sides of this gas grill are foldable and when wide open, gives the impression that you’re actually cooking on a full-sized grill. Once folded, it makes storage easier and taking it with you on a camping trip won’t be a hassle.
The Dyna Glo Smart Gas Grill has a firebox made of porcelain and coated in steel. In it are high-quality stainless steel burners capable of producing a serious amount of heat. It has a total of 36,000 BTUs and has 503 square inches of cooking area.
For maximum control over heat retainment, this gas grill has a double-wall stainless lid and steel heat tents to protect the burners. These features ensure that your food retains its flavors because it’s technically sealed in. Underneath the burners is a removable tray for easy grease clean up.
- Easy push button electronic pulse ignition system ensures quick start-up; 390 sq in of primary cooking space; 507 sq in of total cooking space.
- (2) Heavy gauge porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates retain heat to sear foods and lock in foods natural juices
- (3) Stainless steel commercial grade straight burners for performance and durability (3) Steel Heat tents protect the burners and flavor foods
- Infinite control valve options provide flexibility and the best grilling performance and experience
- Double wall stainless steel lid assembly to retain heat includes temperature gauge; Side shelves with integrated towel bar and tool hooks
#2. Fuego Element F21C Carbon Steel Gas Grill LP ASIN B01BP0EFZY
A noteworthy thing about the Fuego Element gas grill is the fact that it’s designed by Apple’s very own Rober Brunner.
Brunner teamed up with businessman Alex Siow to create a gas grill that has all the right features for under 300 bucks.
The Fuego Element Carbon Steel Gas Grill is made in California and is a favorite among many homeowners.
Considering that an Apple designer is behind it, this unit has won several awards, including the Spark Design award and Vesta’s Best Gas BBQ.
With this award-winning gas grill, you grill your favorite dishes for more than 20 hours a day using a single fuel tank that powers two burners.
In only after five minutes, this unit will heat up your food up to 500 degrees F and can cook food within 250 to 700 degrees F depending on your needs.
The Fuego’s main cooking space is large enough to cook food for a whole table of people on one session.
It doesn’t look like your ordinary gas grill with its sleek and modern design, but it’s not all aesthetics — everything about this gas grill is extremely functional.
Turning it on or off is easy with its electronic ignition and with its tilt prevention locking wheels, the unit will stand securely every cooking session or when not in use.
- Designed in California by former Apple Chief Designer Robert Brunner and winner of Vesta's Best Gas BBQ & Spark Design Award
- Reaching temps of 500F in just 5 mins & up to 650F with a 15lb porcelain-enamel cast iron grate that provides massive heat sink for amazing sear marks
- Compact 21” x 21" footprint perfect for small patio/balcony and 346 sq. in. cooking surface with ability to grill 12 quarter-pound (4 1/2" Dia.) burgers
- Featuring push button electronic ignition, hinged tank storage access door, easy roll mobility, built-in lid thermometer & easy clean residue tray
- Assembly time of less than 30 mins with the use of only 14 screws and 21,000 BTU/hr. burner system good for up to 50 (20 minute) cooking cycles
#3. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill ASIN B016ZIBBHG
This Char-Broil gas grill is easily one of the best gas grills in the market for under $300.
Looking at this gas grill can be an overwhelming experience since it’s pretty big, with its 475 square inches of cooking space. There’s also a 175-square inch cooking area that can you fold.
This amazing gas grill has 36,000 BTUs on its main burners and 10,000 for the side burner. Firing it up comes easily by simply pressing the ignition system that produces great power but with the right amount of heat. Its iron grates are porcelain covered to ensure a consistent and even cooking.
These features make the Char-Broil grill handy especially when you’re in a hurry to cook the food, which means that picnics and cookouts will be more convenient.
This gas grill also side shelves made of metal where you can prepare your food without the hassle. It can accommodate a large number of ingredients as well as utensils for cooking.
The tray underneath the burners is easy to remove and clean. The tray is specially coated to ensure that grease removal won’t be a hard task.
- 325 square inches of primary cooking over porcelain-coated cast iron grates
- 120 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Two top-ported 443 stainless steel tube burners for lasting performance and better temperature control
- Surefire Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark at every burner
- Folding side shelves for added workspace and easy storage
#4. Megamaster 720-0982 Propane Gas Grill ASIN B079KPDS21
This Megamaster gas grill truly lives up to its name — it is indeed “mega” with its five 10,000 BTU stainless steel burners. Its one of those grills that will easily impress you at a glance. Its all black aesthetic and red highlights make it one bad-ass grill.
The cooking grates are porcelain enameled to ensure consistent heat retention, which means your food is cooked evenly. To protect the burners, it also has porcelain-enameled flame tamers and at the same time distribute heat equally across the cooking surface.
Its side shelves come in handy too. They’re 13.5 inches wide and can accommodate various supplies and ingredients. There’s also a built-in thermometer that provides accurate temperature control. You can also move this gas grill easily since it’s built atop cart-style wheels.
- Total 50, 000 BTU
- Primary cooking area: 474 sq. Inches
- Warming rack: 182 sq. Inches
- Electronic ignition
#5. Weber Q-2200 Gas Grill ASIN B013QQGXIC
Among all the gas grills featured here, the Weber Q-2200 is the tiniest. It’s so small it could fit on any patio, making it a perfect grill for homes with limited spaces.
However, don’t let its size full you. This tiny thing is capable of cooking full meals with a power of 12,000 BTUs.
Because of its size, the Weber gas grill is light and extremely portable. It has a cooking space of 280 square inches, a single burner, and side shelves that can hold a few ingredients and some cooking towels.
The Weber’s iron grates are porcelain-coated, ensuring consistent and even cooking albeit its tiny size. It has a rib rack and a disposable drip tray that’s easy to clean and maintain.
As for its looks, the Weber has a titanium finish with a cast aluminum lid and body.
- Durable constructed vinyl material
- Keeps your grill safe and protected
- Fits Q2000 and Q200 Series grills
- Includes convenient storage bag within cover
#6. Cuisinart CGG-059 Grillster 8,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill- (ASIN- B01J3S1NWI)
This is one of the most affordable and portable gas grills if you talk about the propane gas fuelled appliances for grilling and BBQ purposes. It comes with 146 sq. inches of stainless enamelled grates for superior finish and durable quality of the product. This is dishwasher safe and has enough cooking space too for small outing or a get together. Cuisinart is powered with 8,000 BTUs which can be fuelled with 1lb propane tank. Its compact size with dimensions of 19*11.5*10 makes it convenient to take one place to another with a weight of 10lbs only. Grill hood, with latch on, can be used as a space to carry or store some items when pushed to other side of the grates and hood also keeps the flavours and taste intact. It only takes almost 10 minutes to get assembled and ignite button would not require a match box to be carried. All these features collectively make Cuisinart the best propane grill under $300.
- 146-SQUARE-INCH ENAMELED STEEL COOKING GRATE: 146-square-inches of enameled steel grates give you a spacious cooking surface and is also dishwasher safe, making cleaning the grates a breeze use after use.
- 8, 000 BTU burner works with 1 lb. Propane tank: features an 8, 000 BTU burner, a push to Ignite start button, and is compatible with a 1 lb. Propane tank giving you ultimate portability.
- Compact enough to take anywhere: The grill measures 19 x 11. 5 x 10 inches and weighs only 10 lbs. , making it easy for transport and ideal for decks, patios and balconies, camping, Tailgating and more.
- Grill hood lifts out of the way: the hood lifts up to give total access to the grate. It's attached to the base, and can easily latch and lock Back in place to securely carry or store.
- Fast and easy setup: The grill requires no assembly and can be set up and ready for grilling in under 10 minutes without the need for tools or matches.
#7. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GGR50B (ASIN – B00004W499)
Love BBQ? You would love George foreman electric grill too. If you are a party lover or like to experiment with BBQ dishes, then this is definitely for you. With 15 servings and 240 sq. inches of area and a temperature indicator light makes George Foreman the Best BBQ grill under $300 for sure. Teflon non-stick coating is so easy to clean and can cook without oil or butter to keep you healthy with tasty food. It comes with a removable stand so in case you get a surprise pouring showers, then you can convert your patio into a counter top in no time. This BBEQ loves the environment too and runs on electricity mean no propane or coal to keep your surroundings clean.
- 15+ Servings - It’s tailgate time! The 240 square inches of circular grilling surface lets you make over 15 servings for large groups of people
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating; it’s durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Indoor/Outdoor Removable Stand - Don’t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control - The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
- Apartment-Approved - Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do because the fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups
#8. Broil King 958344 Regal S590 Pro Gas Grill, 5-Burner, Stainless Steel (ASIN-B0179IKAZU)
If budget is no constraint for you and you are probably looking for commercial purpose, then Broil king is your destination. This comes with stainless steel which is 56% more heavier compared to similar grills. 55,000 BTU and 625 sq. inch of cooking area are certainly out classing others in the segment. 5 burners can cook or BBQ a lot of items in a single go to make it the top rated propane grill 2020. Another great thing about this grill is that it is fully made in North America only and a life time cook box warranty is a testimony of the same.
- MAKE THE PERFECT STEAK - with patented stainless steel Dual-Tube? burners and the innovative Flav-R-Wave? stainless steel cooking system, the Regal S590 Pro will give you even temperatures across the cooking surface ensuring juicy and delicious results
- DURABLE COOKING GRIDS - solid rod 9mm stainless steel cooking grids are up to 56% heavier than those in comparable grills, providing great heat retention and giving bold sear marks; stainless steel provides lasting durability so your grill is always ready
- COOKING VERSATILITY - 55,000 BTU main burner output and 625 sq. in. of primary cooking area ensure that you have power and space to cook for the whole family; a 10,000 BTU side burner and 15,000 BTU rear rotisserie burner let you cook more with your grill
- MAKE YOUR NEXT COOKOUT A BIT BRIGHTER - the cool blue LED-lit control knobs let you see exactly where the controls on your grill are set and add a stylish glow to your outdoor patio space
- PROUDLY MADE IN NORTH AMERICA - with a limited lifetime cookbox warranty, 10-year warranty on burners, cooking grids, and Flav-R-Wave, and 2-year warranty on remaining parts and paint, rest easy knowing your grill will perform for years to come.Rust resistant zinc coated steel components
- Customers love to BBQ with these grills
- Review for veteran users of Grill
- Used this grill several times over the period of a month or so
- Grill has increased our love towards BBQ and grilled food which is tasty and healthy too
- While majority of the consumers found these grills quite user friendly, one the other side some consider them as very risky and dangerous because of propane gas usage to ignite the burners.
- Consumers these days love the portable and compact BBQ and grill appliances so that it can be carried easily and also does not take too much of space.
Doing the BBQ and grilling with these grills have helped our family to spend and enjoy the time together as a family and we are thankful to the manufactures.
A $300 budget doesn’t mean that finding a gas grill with must-have features is an impossibility. Listed above are five of the best gas grills in the market with a price that will bring joy to your pockets.
If we have to pick out of the five, however, it would have to be the Dyna Glo Smart Gas Grill. Packed with 36,000 BTUs of cooking power, you’re going to have one powerful grill that can cook anything from burgers to steaks. It’s also the right size — not too big, not too small — and you can move it as you wish.
It’s got all the right features without punching a hole in your wallet. Now, grilling with efficiency and style is possible, costing only a few hundred dollars.