A chef’s knife is the most valued work tool for cooking professionals. That is why I want to help you know the different chef knife so you can decide which best chef knife under 100 suits your needs.
A good chef’s knife would make your cooking process easier!
What to look for in the best chef knife under 100
The first step to finding the best chef’s knife that works for you is to search a wide selection of sample knives that you can hold or, even better, maneuver on a cutting surface. This is what you should keep in mind:
The weight of a knife is a factor that you should take into consideration for your comfort when cooking. How it feels in your hand matters more than many realize; so this decision is totally personal.
In this research for the best chef knife under 100, I will say the an ideal knife is described as a glove-friendly instrument, not too heavy and not too light.
Chef’s knives are measured in inches and the most common lengths range from 8 “to 12”
The length will depend on the use you want to grant and its measurements. For example, the well-known “german style” needs to be done with a long blade; because it lets you make longer single-stroke cuts when slicing. These german knives tend to have a more curved section at the front of the blade, good for chopping in an up-and-down “rocking” motion.
The main quality of a good blade is the ability to cut and the ease of resetting once dull. This is measured by the good quality of the steel
The common feature in the search the best chef knife under 100 is that most of them are made from high carbon stainless steel. However other knives made from ordinary carbon steel can work as well, even some chefs love them because the relatively softer metal makes them easier to sharpen.
Warranty. YES! Warranty for chef knife under 100 dollars.
It’s wise to consider not only durability but whether the brand you’re considering offers good customer service. So make sure that the brand you choose offers lifetime warranties in the name of good customer service.
The sharpest knife is vitally important for food preparation it gives better cuts and keeps productivity up. A dull knife requires more force to cut through food, meaning you’re more likely to lose your grip while using it. On the other hand, a sharpened knife helps to cut the slices cleanly and effortlessly, these are the best kitchen knives. This will make your food look good ultimately!
The most commonly used size is 8 inches, although it can vary between 6 and 14 inches. It should be noted that the larger the knife, the more difficult it is to control.
How to use the Chef Knife Safely
You already know that a knife is essential for your kitchen, even if you are an amateur chef. So you must not only learn how to use it, but also how to be extremely careful. Here are these tips to avoid accidents with your chef’s knife, but can be applied to your set of knives too:
- Keep your knives clean: If you feel your knife handle oily or greasy, you must clean it immediately. You need to have a secure grip at all times.
- Never wave a knife in the air.
- Sharpen your knives: with a sharp knife you’re more likely to apply greater force and a dull blade risks slipping off.
- Make sure you have a cutting board: A damp cloth underneath will prevent the board from slipping.
- Don’t rush the chopping process: It is not necessary to chop quickly; work slowly and steadily. Take the time to get to know the knife.
Top 5 Review Of the Best Chef knife under 100
There is a wide variety of types of chef knives. After these tips, I present to you a list of the best knives on the market.
- Powerhouse Chef Knife: Masterfully elegant, perfectly balanced, razor sharp and with exceptional performance, the Phantom Series chef’s knife is a statement in refinement, beauty, purity and power.
- Peak Performance: Mercilessly sharp, the Phantom Series edge is painstakingly honed by experts craftsman to 13-15° and nitrogen cooled for enhanced hardness, flexibility and corrosion resistance. Carefully tapered for minimal drag, the agile blade ensures swift, precise cuts with effortless ease.
- The Dalstrong Touch: Full tang and precision forged from a single piece of ice tempered, high-carbon, Japanese AUS-8 steel at 58+ Rockwell hardness, the Phantom Series boasts exceptional sharpness, edge retention, strength and durability. Beautifully engraved, the blade further features a hand polished spine and ergonomic bolster shape for a natural and smooth ‘pinch grip’.
- Design Perfection: A velvety rich black Spanish pakkawood handle is hand polished and laminated to ensure a heaven like grip with exceptional durability. The traditional Japanese D-shaped handle is expertly engineered to tuck perfectly into the palm of your hand for ultimate control, cut after cut, while the narrow blade design allows for maneuverability and nimble movement like never before. A distinct mosaic pin of brass and copper adds refinement and subtle luxury.
- Dalstrong Trust: Rocksolid 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free. LIFETIME WARRANTY against defect. Renowned Dalstrong customer service and packaging. See why chef's around the world trust and love, 'The Dalstrong Difference'. Now you are slicing with POWER. Dalstrong POWER!
This chef’s knife was selected for elegant, perfectly balanced, sharp, and with exceptional performance, the Phantom series chef’s knife is a statement in refinement, beauty, purity, and power.
Japanese High Carbon Steel, AUS8, Undoubtedly 13-15 °, Nitrogen Cooled, 58+ Rockwell, Lifetime Warranty.
- Lightweight and nimble when holding it.
- Made from a lower grade metal, and is easy to sharpen.
- It has a useful flex which makes it suitable for skinning fish, as well as chopping and slicing with absolute control and precision and almost no effort.
- It must be washed and dried immediately after use. Otherwise, it will pit.
- The blade is bent to the left, looking down at the blade from above, making it a bit unsafe
2. Global Anniversary 7.5
This is a japanese product, made from a single piece of CROMOVA 18 stainless steel. Thanks to its large blade, this chef’s knife can be used for most of your needs.
Its ergonomic and hygienic stainless steel handles with dimple pattern offer a non-reinforced, comfortable, and non-slip grip.
- The unique convex edge of the Global blade makes cuts smoother and requires less energy.
- Perfectly balanced handles precisely calibrated to compensate for the weight of the blade.
- Use these knives to slice, dice, or mince vegetables or fruits, chop or slice meats with little effort
- Not the best choice for cutting large/dense items.
- The grip would be considered small for some chefs.
3. J.A. Henckels International
- Made in Spain
- Fabricated from high quality German stainless steel. Handle length - 4.72 inch
- Fully forged construction offers durability and a seamless transition from blade to handle
- Professional, satin finished blade boasts Precision cutting and is finely honed for long lasting sharpness
- Ergonomic, traditional triple rivet handle gives balance and comfort
Made of high quality German stainless steel. Fully forged construction that offers durability and a seamless transition from blade to handle. It has a traditional ergonomic triple-rivet handle that provides balance and comfort. Features a fine-edged precision blade that is sharp for long-lasting sharpness. Chop potatoes, diced apples, minced shallots, and slice salmon effortlessly.
- The satin finish professional blade is precision cut and finely polished for a long-lasting edge.
- The handle of the knife is well balanced and fits most hands perfectly.
- It has a great grip and is also very easy to clean.
- The blade is very sharp making it a bit tricky to hold safely.
4. Victorinox Fibrox Pro 8 ” Chef Knife 8 ” Black.
- For home chefs & professionals. This Fibro Pro chef's knife has been the top choice of both home chefs and professionals alike. Expertly crafted with a tapered stainless steel edge that cuts with ease and efficiency.
- Fit for all tasks. Designed to handle kitchen tasks both big and small, This durable knife's razor sharp and laser-tested blade effortlessly chops, minces, slices and dices. An essential for every kitchen.
- Easy handling. Each knife features an ergonomic handle made from thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) for a non-slip grip - even when wet. This exceptional knife is weighted and balanced for easy handling.
- Knife Dimensions. Blade made out of stainless steel material - 7. 9 inches in length. Made with dishwasher safe materials for an easy clean.
- Trusted Swiss quality. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime against defects in material and workmanship. Making a Lifetime commitment has never been so easy.
Expertly designed with a tapered stainless steel edge that cuts with ease and efficiency. Suitable for all tasks. Designed to handle kitchen tasks both large and small, this sharp and laser-tested durable blade effortlessly cuts, minces, slices and dice. This knife has the average blade size of a chef’s knife 7.9 ” stainless steel blade.
- This Knife is heavy and balanced for easy handling.
- Made with dishwasher safe materials for easy cleaning.
- Each knife features an ergonomic handle made of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) for a non-slip grip, even when wet.
- The blade could be thin / flimsy and hard to control when smashing some vegetables.
- Very light if you prefer a heavier knife for more control.
5.Mercer Culinary Renaissance
- Triple-riveted, ergonomically designed Delrin handle. One-piece precision forged construction. Rounded spine for comfort grip.
- Shortened bolster exposes full blade edge, allowing for easier sharpening
- Full tang runs the entire length of the handle for superior balance
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- High-carbon, stain-resistant German cutlery steel resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration
With an ergonomically designed Delrin handle. One-piece precision forged construction. Rounded spine for comfort grip. Stain resistant high carbon German flatware material resists rust, corrosion and discoloration. Also, has a
One-piece precision forged construction with a rounded column.
- The ergonomic triple riveted Delrin handle provides superior comfort. Delrin will not break down from exposure to cooking oils and is capable of withstanding hot and cold temperatures.
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- The gusset strengthens the knife, adds durability, and provides an excellent balance when cutting food.
- The edge of the heel of the blade is not very flat and may be uncomfortable for some people.
- The handle is considered too small.
- This knife requires frequent honing with a rod.
And the winner is…
Among all the knives mentioned I choose Mercer Culinary M23510 Renaissance 8-Inch Forged Chef's Knife,Black as the best chef knife under 100
An ideal chef’s knife for most hands. It offers versatility in its use. It also has a safety certificate, a very important requirement when buying a knife if you are a beginner.
Although Victorinox 45520 Fibrox Pro Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP, 8 Inch, Black is a more comfortable size, it works best for vegetables. While the Mercer Culinary M23510 Renaissance 8-Inch Forged Chef's Knife,Black is effective for cuts of all kinds. Its tapered edge sets it apart from other knives as it allows for greater stability, easy sharpening, long-lasting sharpness, and greater efficiency when cutting and chopping