Today I am going to focus on the best burr coffee grinder under 50. I had never grinded coffee myself, but it looks like it is now the best way to enjoy a fresh aromatic cup of coffee. All of my friends kept talking about it so I got curious. There are many interesting ways of doing it, and many devices too. Keeping in mind what we want from those devices is to mill the grain in order to get a greater flavor when brewing coffee at home, you will find how interesting and fun it is to grind your own coffee.
Why grind coffee?
Though there are many differences among us, I think we all share at least one thing: Loving the smell of just brewed coffee. Grinding coffee gave me the opportunity to have a more uniformly brewed coffee, all of the amount I grinded at the same time. With so much greater smell and flavor.
What is a Burr coffee grinder?
So, a burr coffee grinder is a tool, for many it is a special unique device, to mill coffee grains, although I have heard many people grind other things on it, too, such as spices, bread and some seeds. They can be electric grinders or manual grinders. Also, they can be conical or flat.
A burr coffee grinder is where the beans are compressed or crushed with two revolving burrs (that have the shape of zigzag or saw) in a more uniform way so better flavor and smell can be obtained.
What to look for in a burr coffee grinder under 50?
What I look for in a burr coffee grinder is more quality and flavor. Whether it is a manual one or an electrical one, what I wanted to get is my own personal cup of coffee. I know you have figured out you will have a high-quality cup of coffee at home when you finally get a burr coffee grinder. I ended up learning more and experimented with the whole world of coffee.
If you decide that a manual burr coffee grinder is what you want, let me tell you that it works along with your own rhythm and effort, which makes it more of a personal experience. On the other hand, an electrical one will placate your coffee thirst faster.
Variety to choose from
They come in different shapes, sizes and material, and it is difficult to say which one is better since it all comes to a sentence: They all grind. But we have to take into consideration how easy they are to use, can we carry them with us when going on vacations, will they break easily if we pressed them against other things by mistake?
I think it all summed up to your needs and budget. Commenting only about the best burr coffee grinder under 50 dollars will help you a lot when taking your decision, because it helped me. However, I kept in mind the following characteristics such as:
Setting: It gives me the power to decide the type of grind size for my personal cup of coffee.
Cleaningness: How easy it is to clean it after using it, and how often I have to do it.
Capacity: how much grinded coffee I can get.
Material: Coffee Burr grinders that are made of metal, ceramic or titanium are great options, but stainless steel is the best material.
Electric or manual burr coffee grinders
When buying your burr coffee grinder you will have to choose from Electric or Manual. Regarding electrical burr coffee grinders, there are many you can choose from. Many models with different adjustments that go from coarse to fine, and also different sizes such as 44mm, 64 mm, 80 mm, and power that can go from 100 watts to 300 watts or more. Keep in mind that a bigger power produces more heat which may affect the coffee grains.
The manual burr coffee grinder gives you the perfect size you are looking for. It is just a matter of time to figure out which one is yours. With them, you can get coarser coffee grains in about 40 seconds for a cup of coffee, and if you want medium coffee then it will take you about 80 seconds and 2 minutes or so for fine coffee, depending on the size of the model you buy. Yes, a manual burr coffee grinder lasts longer but takes more time to grind your coffee. It is all up to you.
Just don’t forget that the perfect way to brew the coffee you will be grinding with your burr coffee grinder is the right balance between amount of water, time and amount of coffee. That will make the perfect cup of coffee you are looking for.
What is better; a flat or conical burr coffee grinder?
Another aspect I took in consideration when buying my grinder machine was the type of burr, a flat one or a conical one. So I thought the best way to tell was by getting one of each.
I consider flat burr gives me a more uniform grinding because, in my opinion, they get more times under the burrs, but it is a matter of likeness. Conical burrs are cone shaped and grains get grinded as good as in the flat one.
Top 6 Best Burr Coffee Grinder Under 50
#1. The JavaPresse Manual coffee grinder
- [ Built-in Adjustable Grind Selector ] Equipped with over 18 click settings ensures you have 100% precision & control over the coarseness of your coffee beans making for the perfect grind to start your day.
- [ Convenient & Easy to Use ] Removable hand crank mechanism consistently eliminates over 90% of the noise that electric grinders produce. No batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to operate your portable compact manual grinder.
- [ Grind Fresh Coffee, Everyday! ] JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder only dispenses your desired fresh coffee bean experience - feel the coffee beans grind as you mill them the manual way! Smell the fresh aroma of your daily coffee as you brew them on your espresso machine. Ground, brew, and enjoy!
- [ Coffee is in our DNA ] Each JavaPresse manual grinder is designed to liberate and empower you to transform your favorite whole bean coffee ritual into an extraordinary daily experience.
- [ Patented Ceramic Combo Burrs ]- Our Signature Burr Grinder blades are designed and tested through three professional grade inspections to last 5x's longer than stainless steel blades.
It is really a personal grinder since you can make only two cups of coffee at a time, one for you, and the other one for you as well! It came with an instruction manual that explained everything I needed to know about the types of coffee I could make with my grinder.
This manual coffee grinder comes with an adjustable setting-conical burr mill, and it has a removable hand crank that makes so much less noise in comparison to the electrical ones. Love that.
- I found it is very easy to clean and so far it has worked very well.
- The consistency of the grind is almost perfect, in my opinion.
- It is stainless steel and I highly recommend it because it is personal and quiet.
- For some it may be just too small (especially if you have big hands), and they think it is not enough for 2 cups of coffee at the time.
#2. The LHS Manual Burr Coffee Grinder
- Keep Fresh Coffee Flavor: LHS manual coffee grinder provides professional coffee beans grinding experience. Ceramic burr doesn’t produce excessive friction heat, will not damage the flavor of coffee beans. If you turn the hand crank clockwise, you can feel the beans being broken and ground, release the rounded and intense flavor of the coffee beans. Enjoy the wonderful grinding experience by hand only!
- 4 Adjustable Levels: The knob in the middle of the coffee grinder has 4 grinding levels from fine to coarse, make the adjustment of the powder crudeness or fineness so easy. By slowly turning the handle to crush the beans, the flavor of the beans become stronger and mellow.
- Durable and Portable: LHS professional coffee grinders are made of high quality materials. The ceramic burr and the stainless steel hand crank are durable and sturdy. And the portable design allows you to take them home, office or anywhere else. Please avoid grinding without coffee beans inside otherwise it will damage the ceramic and the grinder.
- Easy to Fill:User-friendly designed lids make you fill the coffee beans into the grinder with minimal effort.And It is easy to take it apart and assemble again. It is also easy to clean, just rinsing with water
- Why choose us: We have more than 10 years of experience in the production of coffee utensils. Click ‘Add to Cart’ now to make coffee grinding a convenient, healthy, and stylish affair!
The fact that burrs are made of ceramic asures you there is no heat that can affect the flavor of our coffee. It is made of resistant material and comes with a hand crank durable and sturdy and the refillable containers are really easy to clean.
Besides it has a 4 adjustable level knob that allows you to have from coarse to fine grind. This burr coffee grinder under 50 is perfect when your friend comes over for a cup of coffee because you can make 4 cups of coffee with it at a time.
- It takes the minimal effort to put it together and to pull apart to clean.
- Has the size to prepare 4 cups at the time.
- Because the container is made of plastic and you can see through it may seem that it takes longer to grind the coffee.
#3. The Manual Xique Burr Coffee Grinder
- Lengthen stainless steel handle saves your effort when grinding beans. More enjoyable for the fun for grinding coffee beans.
- The base of the grinder is coated with a rubber which can prevent the grinder from moving when it is ground.The high-quality ceramic burr has better properties and therefore can keep the coffee safer and healthier.
- Ceramic burr will not add heat during grinding. The coffee mill can be used for a longer time and keeps the original flavor of coffee which is the best choice for coffee lovers.
- The coffee grinder is adjustable, very east to control, and helps you get coffee fine or rough, depending on your preferences.
- The coffee mill can disassemble into parts. All the parts are washable no limit. The design of the two glass jars is more convenient to keep powders or beans during traveling or small party with friends.
I really like it because it’s silicon cover keeps it from slipping out of my hands. And the fact that it has ceramic burrs gives me unheated grains that taste better and keeps me healthier.
The dimension of this burr coffee grinder is 8.07 x 3.74 inches with a capacity of 12 oz. As all part are removable it is really easy to clean
- It comes with two glass containers, so apart from grinding coffee I can grind other things that I fancy without worrying about the smell since I can use the other jar.
- This pretty small grinder comes with small parts that can be lost.
- As it is a manual burr coffee grinder you will have to do a lot of effort for just one cup of coffee.
#4. The Evelyne Burr Manual Coffee Grinder.
- This manual coffee grinder is made out of cast iron for constructing the grinding part, with wooden drawer and base for storing the ground coffee. And the 2 pieces of gears are plastic.
- No electric plug needed as the grinder is a completely manual functioned tool. Rotating the wheel by the wooden crank handle to grind coffee beans into ground coffee for brewing.
- The fineness of grinding coffee beans is adjustable. Adjust the grinder to get the ground coffee as desired. The adjusting steps are shown on the product picture.
- Refer to the product pictures for the style of this coffee grinder as the product pictures was taken by the actual product.
- Dimensions: approx. 5.25"(L) x 5.25"(W) x 10"(H) (Shown on product picture)
I really loved this model. The drawer where you can store the grounded coffee got me from the beginning. All made of cast iron but the plastic gears. I will say that it is beautiful and artistic.
It has an adjuster for you to have coarser or finer coffee, and you can have as many cups as you want because it comes with a movable metal lid you can open to fill in more coffee grains.
- Not only grinds your coffee, it vintages your kitchen.
- You can adjust the grinding to get coarse, medium or fine.
- It has some plastic small parts, like the gears.
#5. The simple House Burr Manual Coffee Grinder
- WHO WILL BUY THIS: Every coffee lover, and people who love life.
- WHEN TO USE THIS: When you want to drink coffee but don't want to go out, when you are gathering with friends and family, or when you are alone, you can always slowly turn the handle to crush the beans. The fragrance of the beans will be perfectly released. You can even feel the coffee beans being broken and crushed, releasing the unique flavor of the coffee beans. The perfect grinding experience fills the process with an atmosphere of ritual and leisure, in which your day begins or ends.
- WHERE TO USE THIS: It is portable. You can take it to anywhere including home, going out, working, partying, and traveling. Moreover, it is easy to disassemble and only needs to be washed with water when cleaning.
- WHY CHOOSE THIS: Our products use patented stainless-steel spool. Compared with the ceramic valve, the stainless-steel valve is not easy to be damaged and has higher efficiency, longer service life and easier grinding, which greatly shorten the hand grinding time. The spool can be adjusted manually and is suitable for all kinds of food that need to be ground. There is no noise in the grinding process, and the feel is very smooth, allowing you to enjoy the whole process of hand-ground coffee.
- WHY CHOOSE US：We are a factory and the quality of our products is guaranteed. It has a long service life, exquisite appearance, and has a comfortable solid wood handle. Add it to the cart and let yourself feel the art of coffee!
You will love this one. It has the perfect size for your hand. Given the fact that you will be traveling to visit your family, you can take it with you and have your grinded coffee with you at all times. Its stainless material provides you the safety and sanity necessary to put in in your bag.
- Give the right amount of coffee.
- Easy to clean and use.
- It won’t get damaged easily.
- I don’t think there is a problem with this burr coffee other than we can’t have more than
#6. The Krups Precision Grinder flat Burr.
- IMPROVED PERFORMANCE AND PRECISION: 33 percentage greater grinding range to provide precision grinding for all types of coffee brewing methods: Drip Filter Coffee, French Press Cold Brew, Pour Over Espresso and more
- PREMIUM BURR GRIND: Metallic flat burr coffee grinder provides full control over the grind size and uniform grinding for the full coffee flavor
- CUSTOMIZABLE GRIND: 12 grind fineness settings plus intermediary settings for precise grinding. Adjust the fineness level for any type of coffee, from fine for espresso to coarse for French press
- CUSTOMIZABLE QUANTITY: 2-12 cups quantity selection settings with auto-stop to automatically grind the exact quantity you need
- LARGE CAPACITY: 8 ounce whole coffee bean hopper and removable grounds container have the capacity to produce grinds for 30-32 cups of coffee
This grinder made my life easier either if I am on my own or when all my family or friends come over to hang out with me.
It has a large capacity. Can be set to have 2 cups of coffee for 12 at the most. Moreover has 12 settings so you can have fine or extra-fine coffee, or coarse to coarser-grained.
- Large capacity with customizable quantity
- Variety to grind coffee as you like
- Compact size
- I find it a little bit heavy.
- Clean up is more intensive than other burr coffee grinder
- It takes about 7 minutes to grind and brew a full pot, for someone this can be a lot
And the winner is…
Now we know all the things to consider before buying the best burr coffee grinder under 50, let me tell you which one I liked the most.
If you are looking for a personal size burr coffee grinder the JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder with Adjustable Setting - Conical Burr Mill & Brushed Stainless Steel Whole Bean Burr Coffee Grinder for Aeropress, Drip Coffee, Espresso, French Press, Turkish Brew is perfect for you. You can definitely take it anywhere you want to. You can grind beans fine, medium or coarse without any problem. I love its design and material.
For those who love the vintage design the Evelyne GMT-10012 Burr Manual Coffee Grinder Coffee Bean Mill Vintage Antique Style Windmill Wheel Hand Crank Wooden Drawer it is the one for you, you not only can grind your own coffee, also can give your kitchen a style.
But I have a winner, the one that for me is the best burr coffee grinder under 50 dollars: KRUPS Precision Grinder Flat Burr Coffee for Drip/Espresso/PourOver/ColdBrew, 12 Cup, BlackIt has the largest capacity of all, you can set 12 way to grind your coffee and customize the number of cups you want and the best part it is electrical so no manual effort for you.