Cookies are undoubtedly one of the most popular recipes you can make! Loved by young and old alike, they are a beloved treat for people all over the world. And doing homemade cookies can be easy if you have the best hand mixer for mixing cookie dough.
Plus, they are super fun to make, too – especially if you get to snack on the dough along the way!
There are many options for how to make cookies. Whether you’re a plain vanilla fan or you prefer something that bit fancier, you can really let your creativity run wild making and decorating these sweet treats.
If you’re not quite ready to step into the world of creating your own cookies from scratch, you can also buy an enormous variety of ready mixes that take out most of the guess work and lead to perfect results every time.
You normally need to add only minimal ingredients, such as butter and/or eggs. Your friends and family never need to know it’s from a packet!
However, no matter how you’re making your cookies, chances are you will need to mix the dough. While some people prefer to do this with their hands, there are many good reasons to use a mixer.
Quick Comparison: 5 Best Hand Mixer for Mixing Cookie Dough
Firstly, it is better for hygiene as you don’t need to actually touch the mix.
Secondly, you will usually get a more even consistency using a mixer, as it is much more powerful than using your hands. Nobody likes uneven cookie dough!
Thirdly, it is way less work on the chef! Give your poor hands a rest and let a machine whizz through all the mixing required. You will find mixing with an electric mixer is far quicker than its manual counterpart.
One popular option for mixing cookie dough is using a stand up mixer. These are usually quite large, and sit on your bench top. While some people love these appliances, they have a lot of drawbacks. They are very bulky, and a lot harder to store. Plus, they can be really expensive.
Plus, both using your hands or using a stand mixer can create a lot of mess to clean up. If you use your hands, expect to find yourself covered in cookie mix! On the other hand, if you’re using the stand up mixer, it probably requires a lot of time consuming cleaning.
So, if you are looking for a more cost effective option that is easy to store and use, look no further than a hand mixer! These mixers are (as the name suggests) controlled by your hand. Simply place the mixer into any size bowl and let the magic happen!
Of course, there are a couple of draw backs with hand mixers. Because they fit with any kind of bowl, you need to be more careful when using it to avoid any splatter. Make sure you put the stand mixers prongs right into the mixture before powering on slowly at first.
Also, if you are looking to mix really thick or tough dough, you might need more power than a hand mixer can provide. However, a hand mixer should be plenty powerful enough for most home cooking adventures – including baking cookies!
There are many options out on the market today, of varying quality. We’ve scoured the internet and found our 5 top recommendations for hand mixers for mixing cookie dough.
1. Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer
- Baking with ease: with 6 speeds, including a slower first speed and quick burst button, you can adjust this handheld kitchen mixer to accommodate any recipe.
- Snap-on storage case: This hand mixer includes a handy Snap-on storage case with easy-access door for convenient storage.
- Easy to handle: with 275 watts of peak power to handle your baking needs.
- Versatile attachments: The mixer includes easy to clean traditional beaters, dough hooks and whisk.
- Bowl rest: a built-in groove lets you rest The hand mixer over the bowl, so drips go where they belong and not all over your countertop.
This is a premium mixer from the well-respected brand Hamilton Beach. This is considered their top of the range mixer, offering premium speed and controls.
The mixer has 6 different low speeds, which are the best for mixing cookie dough. The lower speed allows for more control, and closer monitoring of when your batter reaches the perfect consistency. It has 5 attachments: traditional beaters, dough hooks and whisk so can be used for mixing a variety of preparations
This hand mixer also comes with a convenient storage system, so you can store it away neatly after making your delicious cookies. There’s no need to fumble with chords and its accessories – the storage system keeps it all neatly organised.
2.LILPARTNER Hand Mixer Electric
- 🍫【5-SPEED SETTUNG AND TURBO BUTTON】: Meet all your mixing needs. Use three-dimensional blowing to improve mixing efficiency and reduce blowing time. Just touch a button to adjust 5-speed. Starting the mixer at a slow speed will effectively prevent splashing of ingredients.🍫【Note】- If there is any part of damage attachment, please contact us to get free replacement.
- 🧁【MULTIFUNCTIONAL ATTACHMENTS】: One whisk, two beaters and two dough hooks. Ultra power of 400w effectively improves the speed of mixing, effectively solves many problems for your kitchen, such as whipping cream, mixing eggs, beating dough, etc. Using it will help you cook top-notch cuisine.
- 🍯【ONE-BUTTON POP-UP & VERTICAL DESIGN】: You can quickly pop up the attachments with one click. It has a small size and you can store it vertically on the table. It is very portable and you can take it to any place you want. The gorgeous white and silver shape can be perfectly integrated with your kitchen decoration.
- 🧇【COMFORTABLE USE, EASY TO CLEAN】: The round handle can bring comfort to your operation. The fuselage can be mufti-directional cold and hot air convection heat, quickly remove heat for long life. The body is made of rigid material and is resistant to wear. The perfect shape design is easy to wipe, which will greatly save cleaning time.
- 🥞【HIGH LEVEL CUSTOMER SERVICE】: Lifetime warranty and money back plus our lifetime customer service makes your purchase absolutely risk-free.
This is a great value mixer that comes with lots of clever and convenient features. It is a powerful 400 watts, meaning that it will make whipping up your cookie batter easy as pie!
This mixer has 5 different speeds which makes it suitable for all kinds of baking, including (of course) making cookies. In addition, it comes with different accessories – your classic mixers, plus a whisk accessory.
One of the smartest features of this model is the “one clean eject”. This allows to disassembly and assembly without any problems. Besides has stainless steel beaters hooks which are dishwasher safe
Best of all, this model also has a storage case, the chrome accessories are very durable, as well as easy to clean. Therefore this is a very wise investment.
3. Dash Smart Compact Hand Mixer
- 3 SPEED: Low, medium, or high speed controls let you quickly mix, blend, or whip egg whites, cake batter, cookie dough, whip cream and more At the touch of a button
- ENHANCED STORAGE: No more lost beaters or flimsy front clip plates - seamlessly eject the beaters and pop them, freshly cleaned, right back into the beater storage clip on the side of the appliance, making for optimum storage
- COMPACT + PORTABLE: Weighing just over 2 lbs, This is a must-have for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/RV traveling
- PERFECT GIFT: the perfect wedding or new home gift Its small size takes up little cabinet or counter space, and its sleek design and trendy color options will match any kitchen décor (add to your registry now! )
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer guarantee, The 150-watt 3 Speed Hand mixer includes 2 beaters, recipe book and recipe database access (all non-electric parts are dishwasher safe or easily wiped clean)
This mixer, as its name suggests, it is perfect for those how have small kitchen because the handle also works as a beaters storage and it is lightweight.
True is that has only 3 speed and the power it 150watts, but works perfect for mixing cookies dought. The best part is that the beaters are dishwasher safe and the purchase includes 1-year manufacturer guarantee and recipe book .
4. Cuisinart CHM-3R Electronic Hand Mixer
- 220 watts of power with automatic feedback cuts through cold sticks of butter
- Easy to use speed control and beater eject button
- Exclusive swivel cord for right handed or left-handed use
- Extra long self cleaning beaters with no center posts
- Now available in red and white
This is a premium mixer from the well-respected brand Cuisinart the CHM-3R Electronic Hand Mixer. Don’t let its uninspiring name fool you, this is a great little appliance that is bound to help you make fantastic cookies!
Coming in two great colours (a striking green or dashing red), it is 230 watts which is just right for tough tasks like cutting through butter, whilst also being comfortable in your hand. Speaking of comfort – the clever, moveable chord allows this mixer to be used easily by both left handed and right handed people.
In addition, this mixer is designed with extra-long mixers that have no central bar. This unique design feature makes it super easy to clean – and less time cleaning means more time for eating your cookies!
The look of this mixer is also unique, being in the vintage style to remind you of your grandmother’s cozy kitchen. It is quite an affordable mixer, too, which makes it an all-around great purchase.
5. BLACK+DECKER MX600B
- Helix Beaters: 2x better mixing performance! The improved design maximizes beater overlap for fast, efficient mixing of batters, doughs, spreads, toppings, and more!
- 2X More Beater Surface Area: Increased surface area of the beaters allows for more contact with the ingredients and complete control of mixing.
- This mixing set includes: two helix beaters, two dough hooks, and one wire whisk.
- Reinforced Nylon Beaters: The helix beaters are made with reinforced nylon, delivering strength to handle tough mixes and durability for consistent performance.
- 5 Speeds + Turbo Boost: Find the right speed for every mixing task. Plus, you can slowly increase speed for optimal mixing consistency and to prevent messes.
This mixer comes with 5 speeds and a turbo boost, so it can handle a range of different tasks. The beaters has a helix shape and are made with reinforced nylon.
As most of the mixer we have seen this mixing set comes with no only the two helix beaters, also has two dough hooks, and one wire whisk.
While there are cheaper hand mixer for mixing cookie dough out there, they aren’t anywhere near as stylish and comfortable to use as the Black and Decker!
And the winner is…
So there you have it – our top 5 hand mixer for mixing cookie dough. We have covered industry leaders in hand mixers, as well as some newer companies making fantastic products. So whatever you are looking for, you are bound to find it on this list.
Overall, while all of these mixers present great options, it is the Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer, Beaters and Whisk, with Snap-On Storage Case, Redthat offers the most features, and the most flexibility.
With an impressive 6 speeds in total, as well as a convenient storage box, this is one product you should find space in your kitchen for! This mixer will definitely help you make delicious cookies, but with its numerous speeds and 275 watts of power, it has much wider uses, too.
That said, all these mixers have one thing in common: they will help you to make scrumptious cookies, with minimum effort! So, whichever your choice – tell your friends to expect delicious cookies soon (that is, if you don’t eat them all first!)